Podcasts are the new schoolroom, the new radio, the new business conference – and they’re a lot more interesting! These nine top podcasts by Australian small-business owners will make a difference to the way you think about your own small business.
Communication is key to success. Even the ultimate small-business owner Richard Branson follows that rule. And look where it’s got him!
The following nine Aussie podcasts really sum up the whole culture of sharing wisdom and learning from a business perspective. From copywriting and trades to marketing and social media – these small business podcasts dig deep into what it is to own and run a small business.
“I remind myself every morning: Nothing I say this day will teach me anything. So if I’m going to learn, I must do it by listening.” – Larry King
Nine amazing podcasts that will make a difference to your small business
- Small Business Big Marketing Podcast – Possibly the original small business marketing podcast – over 280 inspiring episodes for you to catch-up on. Hosted by marketing guru Timbo Reid from Victoria, you’ll gather tips and advice from the best marketing minds in the business.
- Hot Copy Podcast – Hosted by Kate Toon and Belinda Weaver – copywriters and writing coaches from Sydney. You’ll find a mix of interviews, tips and advice on how to create effective copy for your business. This podcast is ‘by copywriters for copywriters’.
- Tradies Business Show Podcast – While aimed at tradies, there is advice that applies to all types of small businesses in this podcast channel. Hosted by Aussie business coach and visionary Warrick Bidwell and Australia’s number-one tradie blogger, Michaela Clark – there’s so much to take away from this one.
- Flying Solo Podcast – Perfect for solo businesses and those just starting out. Sydney-based host Robert Gerrish interviews inspiring small business owners and specialist guests, and shares his own expert knowledge about the ‘solopreneur’.
- #Businessaddicts Podcast – A self-improvement podcast for business addicts who want to run their business better, rather than be run by their business. Hosted from Melbourne, business experts, strategists and well-being enthusiasts, Loren Bartley and Fiona Redding interview experts and business owners about all facets of small business.
- Superfast Business Podcast – Internet marketer James Schramko has started several small businesses that are designed to run without him. This podcast shares his tips and advice as well as inspirational interviews ‘on living the business dream’.
- Your Brilliant Un-Career Podcast – Queensland author and start-up tech entrepreneur Cas McCullough hosts this interview-based podcast that is inspiring and full of practical advice for small business owners. She asks (and helps answer) the question: “What would happen if you followed a path that truly inspired you?”
- HerBusiness Podcast – This podcast shares amazing business tips and inspiration from leading female business owners and entrepreneurs. It is hosted by the CEO of the HerBusiness community, Suzi Dafnis, who has been a part of this network since 1995.
- Social Media for Small Business – Hosts Cat Matson and Suzi Dafnis break down the basics of social media and interview experts to offer practical advice for small business owners to manage their own social media accounts.
Whether you’re looking for inspiration for your business or feel like you want to be part of a wider community of small business people and entrepreneurs, these podcasts are made for you.
And if you really want to learn how to feed your business and let it grow up big and strong, there’s no doubt you’ll find food for thought here too.
Do you listen to any other business podcasts? Share your favourite with us on social media!