From this week Google will downgrade search results on mobile devices if web sites are not mobile friendly. Half your audience is on mobile – so you can’t afford to ignore this change.
You’ve got a super smart SEO strategy but is your website mobile ready or better yet, mobile optimised? If not, get in touch and we can help. Don’t lose your page 1 ranking due to dense, non-scannable copy that isn’t reframed for the mobile screen.
How can you tell if your website is mobile ready (from a copy perspective)?
- The first 3 words of headlines are critical – if your 1st 3 words say “All you need…” (or similar) you’re not ready.
- Copy is scannable – can you “speed read” key messages? Can you see your strengths at a glance? No? You’re not ready.
- Does your content look and read great on mobile? Or are sentences cut off mid-point? You’re not ready.
- Does the page resize for mobile?
- Does it work as well on an iPad mini or similar as a full-sized tablet?
- Do all your forms and links work on mobile?
- Are all your buttons labelled?
Are there any widgets or modals embedded in your website that aren’t mobile friendly?
Wherever you find yourself, we can help. Get in touch today…
The Copy Collective is a collective of Australian, New Zealand and other international copywriters whose versatile copywriting skills range from fundraising, marketing and online copywriting to corporate and government writing, feature and speech writing, as well as editing and so much more